Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pesto


I planted way too much basil this year. I always have a hard time getting basil to grow. This year it took off! So I am trying to make as much of it into pesto to enjoy this winter!

Ingredients
5-6 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
2-3 cups Fresh Parsley Leaves
4-6 cloves Garlic
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Pine Nuts (I also use Walnuts & Almonds)
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Lemon Juice
3-4 TBS Olive Oil (or more if needed)

Equipment
Food Processor or Blender

Directions

Wash Basil & Parsley and place in food processor.


Add all ingredients except the Olive Oil.



Blend until the mixture is well pureed.

Continue blending as you add a steady stream of olive oil to emulsify the mixture.



Once the mixture is the consistency you like it...a thick paste. The pesto is done. It is delicious to use fresh like this on pasta or chicken.

I freeze it in small containers to use in cooking throughout the winter.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog with wonderful pictures. I recently made pesto too. The bruschetta looks wonderful too and from the side bar I see you made French Onion soup too. I made it recently and it took forever. I'm going to take a look at your recipe now.

    ReplyDelete