Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blogging Hiatus | New Pizza Recipe


Hello Blogger Friends!

I took a little break from blogging! We're busy preparing for baby and I'm finishing up my last few weeks at work before I take maternity leave.

I've been knitting away on baby projects and getting her little room ready!



My dear friend Mary Banducci took some of my maternity photos last weekend! You can see more of her work here.

I have been experimenting with new bread recipes after my friend, Kristi, let me borrow this book:

(she also knitted those cute little booties above)



Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day

My bread was turning into hard dense loaves until I tried this method! And it's the easiest way of making bread I've ever tried! I highly recommend you give it a try.

We made pizza the other day and I used the "Olive Oil Dough" recipe from this book! It was so delicious! The perfect crust...not too thick, not too thin!




Olive Oil Dough

Ingredients

2 3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated yeast (2 packets, rapid-rise or regular)
1 1/2 tables spoons Kosher salt
1 tablespoon Sugar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Directions

Mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil with the water in a large bowl.

Mix in the flour without kneading, using a spoon or the dough hook on a mixer.

Cover and allow to rest at room temperature until the dough rises and collapses, about 2 hours.

The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise. It is easier to handle when cold and can be refrigerated for up to 12 days.

(recipe from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day)


Margherita Pizza

Make the dough above as directed. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Roll out dough to fit pizza stone. Sprinkle stone with cornmeal before placing dough on the stone.

Sometimes we add a little tomato sauce as a base....sometimes it's just great with olive oil on the dough before you add your toppings. It's up to you!

The main ingredients:
Fresh Mozzarella
Fresh Tomatoes
Fresh Basil

Layer the sliced mozzarella and tomatoes on the dough.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.

Before serving garnish with generous amounts of fresh basil and enjoy!!









3 comments:

  1. Yummy looking pizza!! CAn't wait to see pics of the nursery, and then the baby=)...Hang in there!! So great to see you at Funky Junk!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    ------------------------
    Delhi Water Fountain

    ReplyDelete