Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fall Update | I'm back!

Hello blog friends! I took a little (long) break from blogging. I am really going to make the effort and hope to blog more than I have the last few months. Learning how to be a mommy takes time and my little one is definitely my priority.

This season is hopefully going to slow down for me. Weddings are over for me for the year and what a fabulous year it was! SO grateful for that! My new business, the Attic, is up and running and has taken off! Snow season is gearing up for Kyle and I am back to work as a Nurse at Hospice. So that sounds pretty busy but honestly will take less time than what I have dedicated to our weddings this summer.


Our wedding season was wondeful! So blessed that in La Lune's first year we were able to design and coordinate 11 glorious weddings. The wedding season started and ended with probably two of my favorite weddings so far. Shana & Ryan got married at the Jacklin Arts & Cultural Center last weekend right as the sun was setting and beautiful, fluffy snow began to fall. The church was lit dimly with candle light and the windows began to fog at the base of the panes. You could feel the love for them in the church. (I think her bridesmaids dabbed their eyes the entire time) The photo above is from my cell phone. My dang camera was dead and I didn't realize this until the start of the wedding ceremony. We'll all have to rely on Ifong for her sure to be stunning photo documentaion of this event.



(La Lune's first wedding this year in March. Same locations, same vendors...perfection! Photo by Ifong Chen)


I LOVED the theme and design of this wedding on Saturday...gold, sparkle, glitter, gold, gold, gold, and more gold! When she told me that, I was so excited. She didn't care what I used or how I did it. She just wanted it to sparkle and bling! My house will never be the same again and my husband curses every piece of darn glitter he finds in our food, on our baby, in our hair. But it was SO worth it!

(bad photo by my cell phone)

I was so pleased with the way this design turned out. Shana had considered having her wedding at the grand Davenport Hotel with its gold ballisters, ornate carvings, oversized furniture. But we came to the conclusion to create that grand, gold, glistening look in a more rustic location. Barrister Winery is a wine production warehouse in the middle of a city block. The minute you walk in you are mesmerized with the overpowering smell of wine fermenting and the earthy smell of the brick and beams. Thanks to one of my favorite vendors, Event Rents, we were able to have gold chairs, gold shimmery linens, and gold chargers. It was perfection. I hung nearly fifty gold globes and crystals from the ceiling and raw beams. The sixty plus gold, glitter vases and votives completed the sparkly look. I cannot wait for you to see Ifong's photos of the table design!

The best part...seeing my bride's face when she walked into her reception! That is honestly the best part of every wedding. I worked my little buns off for this wedding (and Kyle's too)! It had to be perfect for many reasons.

I also was lucky enough to work with my dream team of wedding vendors! Seriously, you guys rocked and made my job as a coordinator so much easier. I can tell you stories of vendors that need to be babysat, run over my stuff, bring me a branch instead of a flower arrangement. Here's a quick list  Ifong Chen Photography, Fleurtation Floral, AMP'D Entertainment, Rogue Heart Media, Annie Johnson, Erin Blackburn, Shasta Hankins, Lindsey Wilson, Event Rents, the Attic, Simply Gourmet Catering.

Tomorrow...hopefully some Sophie updates and some updates on my new business and maybe even some new recipes!

1 comment: