Friday, February 18, 2011

Jam Thumbprint Cookies


I've been organizing my pantry and realizing how much jam I made last summer. I thought I would make Jam Thumbprint Cookies to try to use some up!


I used Apricot-Raspberry jam and Blueberry Lemon! They are the perfect combination of sweet and tart!


Ingredients

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 1/2 stick softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3-1/2 cup jam (your choice)


Directions

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

In a mixer or large bowl, whip the butter and sugar until fluffy.

Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine.

Slowly add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix slowly and gently.

Scoop the dough into balls (whatever size you like) and roll with your hand to make a perfect round shape.

Place the dough on a non-stick or greased cookie sheet.

When you have rolled all of the dough into balls, use your thumb to make an imprint and flatten out the center of each ball of dough.

Use a teaspoon to fill each center with your favorite jam.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes until barely golden brown.

Cool and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment